1.) Data protection and privacy at Saliter
Protecting and ensuring the safety of your (personal) data is very important to us. In our online activities, we therefore comply fully with the privacy and data protection regulations. With the introduction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter ‘GDPR’), we have additional responsibilities to ensure the protection of the personal data of the data subject (in the following text we may also refer to the data subject as the ‘customer’, ‘user’, ‘you’ or ‘the person affected/concerned’).
Insofar as we take decisions ourselves or in conjunction with others regarding the purposes and means of processing your data, we are committed above all to giving you clear information regarding the type, scope, purpose(s), duration and legal basis for processing the data (see Art. 13 and 14 GDPR). In this statement (hereinafter ‘privacy statement’), we inform you about the ways in which we shall process your personal data.
Name and address of the Data Controller:
J.M. Gabler-Saliter Milchwerk GmbH & Co.KG
Tel: +49 8372 703-0
Fax: +49 8372 703-144
Further company information can be found in the legal notice on our website (https://www.saliter.de/impressum/)
2.) Legal basis
The legal basis for data processing when you visit our website is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 (a) of the GDPR in the case of consent voluntarily given, otherwise Art. 6 Paras. 1 (b) and (f).
Hereinafter we cite the applicable legal basis for the processing operations carried out by us.
When you use our website we only collect the personal data automatically transmitted by your browser to our web server. This information is required for you to be able to see the notices on our website and to guarantee and improve the security and stability of our website. Specifically, the following access data is automatically processed when visiting our website:
- webpages from which our website or files were requested;
- name of the file and the length of stay;
- date and time of request;
- volume of data transmitted;
- access status (i.e. whether the file was transmitted or not found, etc.);
- number of visits;
- description of the type and version of the web browser used;
- operating system and pre-set resolution;
- IP address;
- time zone difference to GMT;
- language and version of the browser software.
This data is analysed for internal statistical purposes and for the technical administration of the website.
In addition, we collect personal data when you disclose this to us voluntarily . The term personal data includes all data relating to you as a person, e.g. your name, email address and contact information. In the course of registration, enquiries, surveys, questionnaires, etc., only the personal data disclosed to us by you shall be processed: title, name, address, email address, telephone number.
The personal data disclosed by you (title, name, address, email address, telephone number) is stored legitimately and in accordance with the legal conditions. Your data shall of course be handled confidentially in accordance with the data protection regulations, and not sold to any third parties or marketed or otherwise exploited.
3.) Transmission of data to third parties
To arrange delivery of your goods, it is also necessary for us to pass your address data to our delivery agent. They are obliged to handle your data confidentially and solely for the purposes of delivery. For the payment transaction, your payment information is passed to the relevant financial institution. Our service providers may only act according to our instructions and are contractually obliged under Art. 28 of the GDPR to comply with the data protection regulations. No further transmission of personal customer data to any other third party takes place. We are, however, authorised to pass your data to the relevant authorities in particular cases when this data is requested in order to fulfil their legal business (e.g. law enforcement).
The data we collect shallnot be used for advertising, marketing or market research purposes without your consent.
Please ensure that no children under the age of 16 transmit personal data without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. We recommend that parents or guardians make children aware of the safe and responsible handling of their personal data on the internet. We shall on no account knowingly store children’s personal data which has been transmitted to us without the consent of the parents or legal guardians, or use it in any way or pass it on to any third party.
6. Use of social media plug-in: Facebook
(2) We have no influence on the data collected nor on the data protection procedures, nor do we know the full scope of the collection of data, the purposes of processing or the storage period. We also have no information about deletion of the data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected as a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of marketing and market research and/or the needs-based design of their website. This analysis is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) for the creation of needs-based marketing and to inform other users of social networks about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such a user profile, whereby you need to contact the plug-in provider to exercise this right. By means of this plug-in, we can offer you the opportunity to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offering and make it more attractive to you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-in is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence. 1 (f) GDPR.
(4) Data transmission takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in or whether you are logged in. If you are logged in to the plug-in provider, the data collected on our site shall immediately be associated with your account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and, for example, link to the webpage, the plug-in provider shall also store this information in your user account and publicly communicate it to your contacts. We recommend that you log out of social networks on a regular basis, particularly before activating the button, so that you can avoid information being associated with your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) You can find more information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider in their privacy statement under the link provided below. There you will find more information about your rights in this regard and the settings options for protecting your privacy.
(6) Address of the plug-in provider and URL for their privacy statement:
Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland
7.) Google Analytics
Provided that you have declared your consent, this site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC. The relevant service provider in the EU is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (‘Google’).
Scope of the processing
We use the ‘anonymizeIP’ function (so-called ‘IP Masking’): on the basis of the activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address is truncated by Google within the EU or in other signatory states to the European Economic Area (EEA) Treaty. Only in exceptional cases shall the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP address of your browser transmitted by Google Analytics is not combined with other data collected by Google.
In the course of your visit to the website, the data collected include the following:
- the webpages you call up – your ‘click path’;
- attainment of the ‘website objectives’ (conversions, e.g. downloads, sales);
- your user behaviour (e.g. clicks, length of stay, exit rate);
- your general location (region);
- your IP address (in shortened form);
- technical information regarding your browser and terminal devices (e.g. language setting, screen resolution);
- your internet service provider;
- the referrer URL (which website/advertising you came from to access our website).
Purpose of processing
On behalf of the website operator, Google uses this information to analyse your (pseudonymous) usage of the website and prepare reports on website activity. The reports prepared by Google Analytics serve to analyse the performance of our website.
Receiver of data
The receiver of the data is
Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
as contract processor. For this we have concluded a processing agreement with Google. Google LLC, located in California, USA, and if necessary the USA authorities, can access data stored by Google.
Transfer to third countries
A transfer of data to the USA cannot be ruled out.
The data sent by us or associated with cookies are automatically deleted after 14 months. Data which have reached the end of the storage period are deleted automatically once a month.
You can also prevent Google acquiring the data collected by cookies or related to your use of the website (including your IP address), or processing these data, by
a. withholding your consent to cookies, or
b. downloading a browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics HERE and installing it.
You can also prevent cookies being stored on your computer by changing your browser settings. If, however, you configure your browser to reject the use of all cookies, you may not have full functionality on this or other websites.
8.) Legal basis and the option to withdraw
Your consent for the processing of your data is provided in accordance with Art. 6, Para. 1 Sentence 1 (a) GDPR. You may revoke your consent for any future processing at any time, by calling up the cookie settings via the ‘Change your consent’ link (see 5. Cookies saliter.de) and changing the options.
More information on the Google Analytics conditions of use and Google’s data protection policy can be found atmarketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/de/ and at policies. Google.com.
9.) Duration of the data processing
Saliter ensures the security of your personal data. We take care to protect your data from being lost, falsified, manipulated, destroyed or accessed or made public without due authorisation.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the collection, storage or use of your data. Please contact:
Mr Peter Weigel, Data Privacy Manager
Tel: +49 08333 301-0
Fax: +49 8333 301-310
You have the following legal rights with regard to your personal data:
- the right to request information about the personal data collected by us;
- the right to have the personal data collected by us rectified and the right to have it made complete;
- the right to erasure and the right to restriction of data processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object and the right to withdraw consent by emailing: email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint to the regulatory body for data protection regarding the processing of your personal data.
The relevant regulatory authority for Saliter is
Bayerische Landesamt für Datenschutz (BayLDA)
If there is a legal or contractual reason why your data cannot be deleted, we shall block the data.
J.M. Gabler-Saliter GmbH & Co.KG
Effective: November 2020